Getting A New Study Desk For Yourself
Do you want a study desk for your study room but are going through a monetary crunch at the moment? Well, if that is the case, there is absolutely nothing you need to worry about. Study desks are perfect places to read you favorite paperback and you can actually make yourself one such desk.
- The first step towards makingstudy desks is, clearing off the old desk that you have at home. You have to remember that study desks are not all about peaceful space for reading, there has to be a few compartments were you can store your stuffs.
- There is no need to empty the drawers of the desk. Study desksare essentially used for reading and sitting. Make sure that all the things that you need during the study hours are available in the desk.
- Your next step will be to place your study desk in the right place. Remember to position the desk in a place where you will receive ample sunlight.
- Place all the essential items on top of the desk. You will need a mug with pens, pencils and highlighters. You will also need sticky notes and scratch papers.
- Comfy chairs usually go well with study desks. Since you are not splurging on the desk, you can buy yourself a nice chair.
Where to place your study desk?
A lot of people position their study desks in keeping with Feng Shui. Are you a Feng Shui believer? If you are, you can place your desk according to this ancient Asian practice.
- Feng Shui says that the desk needs to be placed near a window. Windows provide the positive energy that a study area needs. Position the study desk in such a manner that you’re left side faces the window when you sit down to study. You can place the desk near a mirror if you want to. However, make sure that you are able to see the door while you are sitting at the desk.
- As far as the chair for your study desk is concerned, you should always go in for high backed chair. This will improve your posture and contribute to your overall health. A comfy chair will provide good chi and thereby provide creative energy. To stimulate creativity you can put a picture of water at the back of your chair.